Monday 24 August 2009

Back running...

This week was all about getting back running again. Managed 48 miles in the end, all laboured, trundling easy running, but running (jogging perhaps) all the same.

My main thought on training for this week is that drinking until the early hours followed by a 20 mile run a few hours later on a hot day don't make for a relaxing Sunday.

Having struggled out of bed after not enough sleep, and still having wine in the system I thought it would be good to have some company on my long run so I headed to join some Chasers (http://www.chaser.me.uk/) on an amble around Hampstead Heath and Highgate Woods. As much as it was good to have the company the run reminded me of the joys of running long runs by myself. Getting up at 6am and running by myself is one of the only times it's possible to find solitude in London, a chance to see that it is possible to find peace here...if it is sometimes punctuated by drunken fashionistas rolling out of too cool to imagine Dalston parties.

Derwentwater Trail Race is coming up in a couple of weeks. Had planned to have a go at a top 10 finish after 8th at Hawkshead earlier this year, I think this is out now as my pace is well down, but should still be a beautiful run. I have also been given my stage for the Round Norfolk Relay (http://www.roundnorfolkrelay.com/) - stage 12 - the longest at 19.67 miles and in the middle of the night....I need to get training!

No comments:

Post a Comment